Eyelash Extensions Cairns
As a professional make-up artist and qualified eyelash extension therapist, I believe eyelash extensions are an amazing beauty secret that can dramatically change the look and intensity of the eyes, giving you that added length and fullness that you have always wanted.
Eyelash Extensions are perfect for your upcoming wedding, special occasion or just to have amazing looking lashes all year round. The extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that we curved to replicate your natural lashes. They are applied to individual eyelashes, one lash at a time with a medically safe black odourless and fume free glue, to create a natural, elegant or glamorous look.
You will find you no longer need to wear mascara to thicken your lashes and they dramatically look long luscious and shinning. The lashes are also slightly curved, so the lashes always looked very natural or you can choose to use longer lashes for a more glamorous look.
The application is completely painless and takes around 1 to 1 1/2hrs. The lashes are applied as you lie down on a comfortable beauty bed, with your eyes closed and relaxing music playing.
In each session you will receive a free anti-aging eye treatment as you get your lashes done so you will feel refreshed and rested when you leave.
How long do Eyelash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, semi-permanent Eyelash Extensions can last up to 4-6 weeks, depending on the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes I recommend getting a reﬁl every two to four weeks.
A natural eyelash falls off every 60 to 90 days on average due to the natural growth cycle and is naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. At any given moment, each of your natural eyelashes is at a different stage of its life cycle. A refill is needed to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle.
How do I take care of my Eyelash Extensions?
Your new Eyelash Extensions are long, thick and beautiful! Once applied, they last up to 4-6 weeks. Best of all, they are easy to maintain. To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes, follow these easy care instructions:
- Do not touch lashes for 3 hours after application
- Do not wash eyes for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Do not put eyelashes directly under shower stream. Pat dry do not rub.
- Be gentle with your lashes. Avoid excessively rubbing or pulling on your lashes and take care
when dressing or removing clothes.
- Do not apply oil/lanolin based moisturisers or removers on lashes. Use oil free eye makeup remover only. Cleanse eye area first with an oil free cleanser and finger tips, using gentle downward strokes,
- Do not use face wipes and cotton wool pads as they get lint on lashes and becomes very hard to remove and sometimes when removing lint, lashes can be pulled off.
- One of the main advantages of Eyelash Extensions is that you may never need mascara again.
However, if you must have the mascara look, only use a water based mascara especially formulated for eyelash extensions. (I do stock this if required) Apply mascara to tips only, and remember applying mascara will add to a more frequent lash loss.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara as it will dissolve the bonding agent and cause eye lash extensions to fall off.
- With the humidity and moisture ‘n the Tropical North Queensland air, it is a good idea to put on a protective coating applied sparingly 2-3 times a week on the top and bottom side of the lashes to protect your extensions (I stock this if required) Do not attempt to take off eyelash extensions yourself otherwise you may pull your own lashes out.